Pilgrim Lutheran Church was established in 1958. It was formed as part of the work of Zion Lutheran, of Waldenburg, Arkansas. The initial gathering place for the congregation was the Baptist Student Union at Arkansas State University. The people of Pilgrim and their friends have been gathering at the present location (1812 Rains Street) since 1963. A significant part of the mission of Pilgrim is it’s support of Concordia Christian Academy (CCA). The members of Pilgrim and Zion worked to start CCA (www.concordiachristianacademy.com) in 2000. Since it’s beginning Pilgrim has been a member congregation of the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.